Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Candids from Phulchoki

Yesterday, we viz. Me(Dhruba Adhikari),(Eli)Eliza Shrestha,(Hari)Jitendra Harlalka,(Chandra)Chandra Man Shrestha and (Mama) Bisarjan Pokhrel had a visit to Phulchoki to experience the snowfall. Vaskar had also planned to go to Daman and have a night spent there. But I hadn't wanted for the overnight trip. I wanted to return in the evening. So I wasn't sure about going to Daman.I did not give them a decision , though I had an extreme desire to be there and play with the snow.We had talked the day before yesterday about going to Daman.

Since, I wasn't sure to go anywhere, I had been sleeping till 10 in the morning yesterday. Exactly at 10, as far as I am sure, I woke up and found Vaskar had sent an SMS to me so as to informt hat they had decided and were going to Phulchoki. I had to reach Hostel at 10:00. So what, I forgot of going to enjoy the snow. Just then Eli called me as and told if I would go to Phulchoki that day. Why not? just I had missed a chance from Vaskar and other guys from Hostel to visit there. I could not miss that chance. So I accepted. We had to move from here at 11:00. I had wished that we could meet the guys at the destination but ...


Jitendra, he became an item this time. When I went to inform him about the plan to go there,he said -"I have to go to Tuition." Think of yourself, he has to go to tuition at 5 PM and he rejects to go at 11:00.. Any way he is JITENDRA. However , I made him go with us.
Just at 11, Eli came to Jitendra's and we moved towards Lagankhel. On the way I got to know Bhauju (from Eli) had a "MISCARRIAGE".

We reached to Lagankhel exactly at 11:31 where Bisharjan was waiting with a fire within him. We were late exactly but by 1 minute. However, he had been waiting there since half an hour.Lets forget this. I had to give him a toffee to make him cool. So what he became ...



We took a micro, Chandra sat at the front seat and remaining at the last seat. We reached at around 12:15 at Godawari, (Let me say the Phulchoki base camp)...

The rumors... The rumors there we had heard were somewhat making us not to move ahead. But I wasn't to return from there.We used to hear ...
a> Three hours walk uphill
b> No vehicles during return ,etc ...

I moved forward and others had to do the same too.
We bought some snacks from the base camp though I had taken some from home too.
It was really memorable and every second we made an effort to climb up were noticable. Neither of us were energetic enough to complete the campaign. Chandra had a fever, myself low BP problem and Jitendra no any experiences of climbing uphill. The only energetic were Eli and Bisu. They were together for all time uphill. I was sometimes with Jitendra , sometimes with Bisu and most of the times alone. Coz I had taken some different way , some challenging way to climb upstairs.
There had been many pairs , I notice mostly one of them, starting from the base of the uphill, she was in red and he in black. She was really tired when they had completed 1/19th of the journey. We were the same too. But they were spectacular.
I remember at one instant that she was almost bent when she had been climbing up.

Finally at 2:20 I guess ,we saw the first snow. Chandra picked it up. He threw it to us. We enjoyed the first snow very much. Jitendra used to tell sometimes MISSION EVEREST and so on. I donot know what others used to talk on the way. But I used to tell do not open your mouth take breath from your nose. But myself was the last...

We reached ...
I sneaked , so as to reach first. Then I hid somewhere at made a call to bring all of them above. I was ready with a shot. So I made what I had to. Then all started. One by one we used to throw on each other .. About 1 hour we played with the snow.

THE CANDIDS SPEAK OF WHAT WE HAD DONE THERE. We had a short dry food consumption there. Not a picnic ,not a lunch , but not less than that.

Finally we returned...


All the pictures of the Phulchoki trip are available here click to see them

On the way we saw such a heartbreaking scene that really made us shocked somehow. A man had fallen on the road and his whole face was bloody. He was uncontrolled , and none tried to give him a lift. So what myself and chandra stopped a cab and helped him to reach the treatment ..

We continued walking down the hill, and reached the basecamp I had mentioned earlier at 5:00 PM. There weren't any vechicles ready to head off.So I made all of them to walk forward.
On the way of return we saw a bus (Sajha Bus) which was almost overloaded. I did not want to take that bus so I continued walking. So what all of the fours followed me. But , I was wrong there.Because on the way I could see that the bus just pass away from me. We missed that very bus.
I was alone and was walking at a distance of 100 meters ahead from the other guys. So what , another bus had arrived and all four were about to take that. I wasnt there , so they left Eli in the bus and stepped down . I was really cursed, I guess. The most among them was MAMA.

I was beginning to rain. I was feeling hungry so we entered to a teashop. Just we had finished the tea and it started to rain. So we thought we should hurry. Jitendra paid and we tried to stop any available micros. Mama used to say to take a micro which returns behind to Godawari and agiain come in the same one. But every one had a tag "Reserved" in front of them.

However , we could find one micro which aggred to take chandra , and we managed for Bisu in the same.
Jitendra and me continued walking. Yes, till 6:45 when we reached Hattiban. At last we found a cab which aggred to take us to lagankhel.

I paid for the taxi , we walked to PATANDHOKA and had a meal there.

In this way the Phulchoki day got ended.

Today in the daytime I was inVashkar. He told me some words that really made upset. I bore . coz it was obvious to say. But I am writing this in his very computer .

See my private blog for this same event if you are allowed.


AnD At last
BAHON KI DARMIYAN...

1 comment:

implements.java said...

Please leave some comments